+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do we think of the Kia Forte?

HAI Premium Member myshtern is on a distinguished road

What do we think of the Kia Forte?

I'm going to buy a car probably in the coming week. I'm thinking of doing an 07-08 Volvo S40 but the Kia Forte has me interested. Kia has a 0% APR offer for 36month loans which is really appealing for me. But what do we think of the car? It's Kia but it's hot.

aka deceptadick Deceptakhan has a spectacular aura about Deceptakhan has a spectacular aura about Deceptakhan's Avatar
    Since you are thinking about doing it which has the tighter, er, I mean smaller tailpipe?

Moderator GREY is on a distinguished road GREY's Avatar
    i don't really know anything about them. BUT they look fucking sweet.
    /// Mugen 無限 Power

Ben lswhitecivic is on a distinguished road lswhitecivic's Avatar
    I just had an EX model from Enterprise while I was in Billings and although it wasn't really inspiring to drive, it was very comfortable. The bluetooth sync was sweet, and I really liked the styling both interior and out. I think the car with alloys looks good.

It did well on gas, I was getting over 30 on the highway. I picked up the car with 149 miles on it. When I turned it back in 4 days later it had 840; i put just a few miles a day on it, haha. The SX model with the upgraded engine and tranny might be a fun car to drive.
    HAI Trance Addict #1

El Padrino Conrad will become famous soon enough Conrad's Avatar
    Get the koup... they look cool i suppose.

HAI Premium Member Curtis will become famous soon enough Curtis will become famous soon enough Curtis's Avatar
    Being that Hyundai owns Kia, and Hyundai is coming up really fast, I would say itd probably be a good buy. My only real issue with the Hyundai right now, is the resale value. I would assume the same, or similar for Kia.

3 Hund stu has a spectacular aura about stu has a spectacular aura about stu has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by theidealone View Post
    Being that Hyundai owns Kia,

Verify this.
    ZOMG

Ben lswhitecivic is on a distinguished road lswhitecivic's Avatar
    HAI Trance Addict #1

3 Hund stu has a spectacular aura about stu has a spectacular aura about stu has a spectacular aura about
    Thank you sir. 1998 huh? You'd think I would have known that by now, since that was just before I reached my peak of interest in cars.
    ZOMG

searching for the pink taco theblackpearl is on a distinguished road theblackpearl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Thank you sir. 1998 huh? You'd think I would have known that by now, since that was just before I reached my peak of interest in cars.
    ^^^^lol

get it, i'd really like to know how it compares to the civic since they look so similar. motor trend says that the higher model fits right in the middle of a civic ex and si, in handling and power but the price is more attractive

I'm the asshole juju is on a distinguished road juju's Avatar
    koul and civic lookis alike
    Living life!

HAI Premium Member Weston is on a distinguished road Weston's Avatar
    They look good, but "you get what you pay for". I had a friend who bought a new Kia a few years ago... it might as well have been a cardboard box on wheels. The feel and quality was quite poor.
    2014 Chevy Corvette Z51 2LT
    1995 Acura Integra LS
    2001 Honda RC51

Past cashburners: C6 Corvette, Nissan 350z Touring, Porsche 944 race car, Acura Integra LS-Turbo

El Padrino Conrad will become famous soon enough Conrad's Avatar
    I have a co worker who is regretting his genesis coupe. Its hyundai I know.... just saying.

searching for the pink taco theblackpearl is on a distinguished road theblackpearl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    They look good, but "you get what you pay for". I had a friend who bought a new Kia a few years ago... it might as well have been a cardboard box on wheels. The feel and quality was quite poor.
    maybe reliability over time, but from reviews, the feel and quality including handling and power has been good... (for the forte and good handling reviews for the kia soul also)

HAI Premium Member myshtern is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    I don't know Weston, you might not be comparing apples to apples. When I had the Kia Spectra back in the day that I wrecked, I really can't say that it felt any less quality than a base honda civic of the same year.

+ Reply to Thread