+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: skunk2 manifold on a GSR, better then the oem one???

Registered User murph is on a distinguished road

skunk2 manifold on a GSR, better then the oem one???

hey guys i have an integra gsr, sold the swapped EG hatch im curious to know wether its worth buying the skunk2 intake manifold for it, i was thinking to have the type r throttle body attached also. With this said, im going to get a port and polish for the head and a 3 angle job and probably buy the apexi vtec afc. I was wondering what type of gains would this net me, ball park figure if possible...sorry if this sounds like a newb question i just was wondering if anyone could help. I don't really want to modify any internals because im just looking for a little extra power so i can hang with the stock type r's. reliability a huge issue I/H/E done.

aka Dirk Diggler Terry will become famous soon enough Terry's Avatar
    Your names not Kevin is it?

(\__/) U mad? ✔
    (='.'=) U mirin? ✔
    (")_(") U jelly? ✔

El Padrino Conrad will become famous soon enough Conrad's Avatar
    from what i hear.... its gives more top end but it takes it from the bottom. The butterfly valves on the stock GSR manifold are there for low end tq. It was designed as a type R mani for a GSR. If you boost I say use it. If not probably not worth the money.
    Sharks dedicate a week to me!

hey umm no my names not Kevin lol,

but i was reading about the differences in manifolds and due to the head, the gsr manifold is best for the gsr head oem rules...no dispute....different flow characteristics, throttle body sizes etc.....dual chamber i believe, much better suited to the gsr motor. I don't want to do any major major work to the car, i just would like an extra 20-25 even 30 horses without having to switch out the head. I was figuring that a good intake mani, port and polish, angle job, and something to tune the car (v-afc) would net me those figures with a good header, intake and exhuast.....i heard with the v-afc alone and no other mods besides exhuast, people have gotten 10hp.....someone else have any expericene ideas i would like to keep some bottom end if possible.

its a honda.... bottom end powa is overrated. lol But like i said you will take the power off the bottom to put it on the top... so if end all ricer HP is what you want get it!

Crazy Russian Slava is on a distinguished road Slava's Avatar
    I'm running a skunk2 IM right now and I like it. You loose some low end but not enough to really notice.
    OLD

CURRENT

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    I'm running a skunk2 IM right now and I like it. You loose some low end but not enough to really notice.
    I ran mine for about a year.

aka Dirk Diggler Terry will become famous soon enough Terry's Avatar
    Just get a turbo and all of your dreams will come true

(\__/) U mad? ✔
    (='.'=) U mirin? ✔
    (")_(") U jelly? ✔

thanks for replys.....not going turbo, because this is daily driver and id rather the car last more then 2-3 years.....as for it being a "honda" and "power is over rated"...i dissagree....but to each their own, i would like a 180-195 hp to the wheels car.....power to weight i think the cars performance would be top notch... to prove my point a type r integ would hang well with an rsx type s, 2006 si, sentra spec v, ford focus svt, vw 1.8t,....stock for stock.....Of course there are exceptions but im not looking for a high hp car i want a reliable fun to drive car. mid to low 14's is all im looking for.

If you are looking to get 195 WHP from a B18c1 its cheaper to go boost.
    In order to get that power you will need more then just boltons. Specially at 5200feet
    OLD

CURRENT

HAI Premium Member HuNgiEbOi is on a distinguished road
    mid low 14's at this alttitude you will have to put a little more modification. why not get a SC? as far as NA to get pretty cose to you goal you'll be spending more money and doing a lot of weight reduction.

i live in Florida guys lol dunno if that makes a difference......wow i never knew it was so hard to extract power from the b18c1 i may as well stay stock until i can get a turbo kit then......im just curious though what the intake manifold, type r throttle body and vafc would get you.......any more suggestions comments welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by murph
    i live in Florida guys lol dunno if that makes a difference......wow i never knew it was so hard to extract power from the b18c1 i may as well stay stock until i can get a turbo kit then......im just curious though what the intake manifold, type r throttle body and vafc would get you.......any more suggestions comments welcome.

Most of us are from colorado, elivation make a big difference. Beaing that you are at sea level its easier being N/A. With some good cams and good header you can easile get those #s.
    OLD

CURRENT

Registered User floored4door will become famous soon enough floored4door's Avatar
    everyone assumed you lived at altitude given the name of this forum board.

HAI Premium Member boostedEG is on a distinguished road
    i had a gsr with B16 head, stock intake manifold and shit. i put on a skunk 2, and a bigger throttle body, and the ass dyno felt no different. it did how ever develop a very annoying whistle everytime you were are around 10% throttle (cruising) i dont know if it was related to the intake manifold or not, but my friends GSR all stock except skunk2 intake manifold did the same exact thing.

for what its worth there is a kid that goes to PFI, and he made 651HP on a stock gsr intake manifold. and a friend of mine made 550 on a stock gsr intake manifold. i think both had the butterfly's removed though. and of course both were boosted
    I'll haul away your junk civic/integra/scrapmetal

i do motor swaps for cheap. PM me.

+ Reply to Thread