PDA

View Full Version : CO shotgun laws

ComputerJLT
06-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm just curious; I moved up here from west texas and brought with me my maverick 88 12ga pump action shotgun. I had a question about barrell lenths and weather or not you had to keep the plug in.
I want to get a pistol grip for it to replace the long stock and also an 18.5" barrell (stock is 24") so i can use it solely for home protection; maybe a bit of shooting old computer parts out in the country every now and then. Also with the plug out the gun will hold 6 shots instead of 3.
How legal is the shorter barrell (not sawed off but a real barrell made by mossberg for my gun w/ the choke andeverything; its stilla bout 2" longer than the magazine) and how legal is it to run without the plug in?

sts2poc1
06-23-2006, 02:03 PM
the plugs mostly for giving animals a chance when you hunt. federal law limits the barrel minimum length 18" and overall to something. (i forgot) looks like the barrel you have is legal.

i do have a pistol gril for a mossy 500 if you want, with all the hardware. come get it in aurora and its yours.

ComputerJLT
06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
the plugs mostly for giving animals a chance when you hunt. federal law limits the barrel minimum length 18" and overall to something. (i forgot) looks like the barrel you have is legal.

i do have a pistol gril for a mossy 500 if you want, with all the hardware. come get it in aurora and its yours.

really :) i'll send you a pm

d773hf82jhf721hf